[tweetmeme]Emails have been an important tool used by retailers especially during the holidays. It has been effectively used by retailers to inform about deals and holiday offerings, persuade shoppers to do the shopping with them, and boost sales.
If you want to have a successful holiday email campaign, here are tips from Blue Sky Factory:
- Optimize your email campaigns for mobile, as a huge chunk of your prospects may be using email to view your message. Make sure your email contains a link to the mobile version.
- Announce early bird specials to encourage subscribers to shop early.
- Create urgency closer to the holidays
- Give your recipients “insider status” with special deals just for them
- Introduce a daily or weekly sales for subscribers
- Send triggered emails for abandoned shopping carts
- Recommend based on what was frequently viewed in recent sessions
- Promote “last minute” gift items
- Showcase gift ideas by budget, by gender, age and interests
- Include a refer-a-friend link and encourage sharing to their friends and social networks
Some of the tips are more suited for big businesses with better technologies, but this slide show is worth a read for anyone thinking of using email for this holiday season:
Category: Email Marketing