Internet Retailer magazine conducted a survey on the customer service tools used by top online businesses. It is good to look at the results and incorporate these tools in your website as well.
Here are some results from the study:
Which self service tools do you have on your website (check all that apply)?
- Order confirmation = 79.3%
- Account status/history = 62.0%
- Order status = 62.0%
- Shipment tracking = 61.4%
- Change name, email, address or password = 58.7%
- Change shipping address = 55.4%
- Change billing address = 54.3%
- Estimated shipping date = 40.2%
- Express checkout = 29.3%
- Currency converter = 6.5%
- Other = 19.6%
Which of the following procedures and policies do you include on your main customer service page (check all that apply)?
- Contact Us = 90.2%
- Privacy Notice = 77.7%
- Shipping and Delivery = 76.1%
- Returns and replacement/exchange = 72.3%
- Payments security = 69.0%
- Updating account information = 42.4%
- Viewing and changing orders = 34.8%
- Gift cards and registries = 29.3%
- Other = 29.3%
Many of the above require technology investments. But as more and more people flock to the Web to shop and competition for small businesses getting tougher, it is imperative that your business invests in these technologies and provide most of the widely used customer service tools for your customers.
Category: Customer Service